Family History 1

Hello to all the scattered Turners.

Check out the Link I have attached here for a treasure trove of information about the Robinson side of my Mothers family. This fall I opened an old trunk belonging to my great aunt, Bertha Ross. She had stashed away lots of wonderful items that she valued, and it included a significant amount of "new to me" information about the family.

That got me started doing web searches for information about all my ancestors. This Robinson site turned up. The page that opens for you is the page that pertains to my great grand father, Charles Chauncey Robinson. You can navigate up and down the family tree by clicking on each name of interest. If you drill down the tree though Nellie Robinson, you will find Marian, Edith and Virginia Ross. If you go backwards in time through each parent you end with a John Robinson born "about 1580" in England. What a pile of work put together by the creator of "My Robinson Ancestors" !

As an added item of interest, the small dark wooden rocking chair in Grandmas living room in South Haven was made by Silas Robinson, Charles Chaunceys father, as a courting gift to Cynthia Porter. The family story is, when she accepted the chair, she was accepting him as a suitor. The website indicates that Silas and Cynthia married in 1821, so that becomes the approximate date of the chair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Rider?

Sophia's Surgical Narrative

The Patriarch's 70th Birthday @ Arcadia