Sunny Saturday in Detroit

After seeing all of these lovely family posts, I thought I ought to add one. Plus, I had a snow day from work yesterday, so I had free time to organize some recent photos. On Saturday, I did one of my favorite things : field trip to Detroit. I wish I got to downtown and exploring more. We started at Eastern Market for some antique-ing, which set the theme for the day. We then went to an Architectural Salvage place which is fascinating - all the abandoned buildings and demolition in Detroit make this business a natural and smart part of the process. (we saw an entire dismantled 'cabin', which had already been purchased). Mostly, I took pictures of streets and buildings, they are eerie and beautiful. Here they are :

Eastern Market
Eastern Market
Park Street
GM Center
Brush Street

Comments

Cynthia Turner said…
Downtown Detroit landscapes (and your recent photos) remind me of those science fiction movies where something has destroyed all organic life but the buildings live on. Even though there are cars in the photos, it still looks "too quiet". You photos have a stark, eerie quality. Very interesting to look at.
-Aunt Cyn
Kay & Bil said…
Wow - I love the photos! And such a beautiful clear day.
Bil
Chris Turner said…
It pleases me that Detroit still attracts touristy attention, since there's still wonderful architecture and cultural and sports attractions. We don't get there enough ourselves, thanks for the photostory.

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Rider?

In Memoriam: J. Morgan Sweeney, Ph.D

Sophia's Surgical Narrative