Date night

Very early in advance of the event, Sophia asked me to attend the Neff School VIP dance with her, and I agreed. Then, our silly high school football team went undefeated and became the highest rated team entering the playoffs, won their first matchup, creating a game that conflicted with the dance. I would like to have Tiffani share the blame with me, but the truth is that the game took on a gathering momentum. I made the decision to not mention the dance, we quietly organized a party for the event and neglected to tell Sophia about the omitted event. After the debacle of a game (14-56), after finishing up the leftover meatballs, we told Sophie about missing her event, and my plans to make up for it by going out for dinner and attending the movie downtown. Thus, her favorite dinner (chicken with broccoli) at House of Hsu, and some popcorn and candy during a viewing of High School Musical 3 at the Sun Theater. And, I wasn't even the one that fell asleep (it was a school night).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Rider?

Sophia's Surgical Narrative

On to the story of Izzy