NY hot dog

Tuesday afternoon about 4:30, and after a long day at the desk reading old dusty books, I decided to take a break for some mental refreshment. And in these moments I turn to the Turner blog. Only to find a mouthwatering description of hot dogs, which made me realize that if the greatest city in the world could do anything for me right NOW, it would be to produce a hot dog. Which of course it can: right on my corner and not 10 feet from my front door. Which is why I truly do heart NY. And this isn't just any old hot dog; it's a Broadway classic Sabrett's dog. Served piping hot out of near-boiling water. Two choices: "bigger. smaller." I took "bigger," with mustard and sauerkraut. On a very soft, almost sticky, slightly sweet bun, sliced down the middle to cradle the dog. $2. Time to enjoy: less than a minute. Here's a photo for your own enjoyment.

Comments

Chris Turner said…
Harry,
Just when I think that I'm not reaching people anymore -- "10 more pushups" or "1 more mile" or "we're almost there" -- you come along with validation otherwise. I'm a huge fan of hot dogs, especially dressed the way you describe: mustard and sauerkraut. If that cart were parked outside of our house, I'd have a hard time ignoring it every day. Thanks for the description, thanks for the photo, very evocative.

Chris

P.S. Great font choice.
Kay & Bil said…
With hot dogs, size matters.

We had Hebrew Nationals, quarter pounders, just recently.

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Rider?

In Memoriam: J. Morgan Sweeney, Ph.D

Sophia's Surgical Narrative