Spring Girls Softball

Spring softball season has finished for Devyn's freshman women's team. I really liked her photo from this year, so thought I'd pass it along. The team's record was pretty good, something like 19-6, sometimes against JV teams from smaller schools. Devyn did quite well, you could see improvement throughout the season. Her very best play was the game-winning out in the last game of the season. Playing center field, she ran in, made a diving effort for a fly ball, caught it, fell down, rolled over and came up smiling, the ball held high in the glove. It looked like something you would see in the highlight reels on Baseball Tonight.

Comments

Chris Turner said…
Great picture, Cyn. Great job, Devyn.
Dennis Miller said…
Devyn would want me to point out that their ending record was 23-5, with all but one of those losses coming at the hands of two VERY good JV teams.
They also won both tournaments they entered, running up a 6-0 record in the process.
Yeah, I know...but I'm her dad, I have to brag just a little :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Rider?

Sophia's Surgical Narrative

On to the story of Izzy