recent trips...

Hi Family,
I thought I'd try to make a contribution to the blog by posting some recent travel pictures...

March was an incredibly busy month for me...
It started with a trip to Munich for an International Jewelry Symposium. My graduate students initiated the trip in many ways and we ended up being a group of 13 (11 students, my colleague and me). It was a fantastic trip and I think the students not only got a lot out of it, but made a wonderful impression on the people there (excellent ambassadors from New York!).

me sitting with some of my students at a lovely sunny museum cafe

yes, strangely enough, there is surfing in the center of Munich all year round - on a small river that comes through a large park in the city.




Some shots of some of the work that we saw their (and innovative methods of display!)

Later in the month (over my spring break) I flew to Austin, Texas to meet Tom who was already there. Due to snow delays in New York, we only had 2 days in Austin before we would drive to Kansas City...

In Austin, we stayed in his friend's Airstream trailer - which is their guestroom! So...Texas...!
Then, we took in some local...art?



Here is one highlight from The Cathedral of JUNK...very amazing and obsessive!

We did then drive to Kansas City - Tom attended a print making conference and I saw my friend Melanie (from Smith). Only one picture...such a nice pair!

And lastly, a shot of Tom and I from Easter weekend with his family...

I think we're both the same kind of cute/geeky in this picture, ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Rider?

In Memoriam: J. Morgan Sweeney, Ph.D

The Patriarch's 70th Birthday @ Arcadia